2019 Select Program Information
Updated Friday January 11, 2019 by Whitby Minor Baseball Association.
2019 Select program information
Is your child interested in playing Select this year? The Whitby Minor Baseball Select program allows kids playing House League baseball a chance to play in Select tournaments on weekends during the playing season on a Select team, above and beyond their normal House League playing schedule.
To play on a Select team, your child must be a registered House League player for 2019 and must attend the appropriate tryouts. There will be a tryout fee of $20, collected onsite at the first tryout your child attends.
What do I need to do before tryouts?
- Remember to register as a House League player before tryouts start!
- Try to arrive early for your tryouts, as there may be a lineup at the registration desk – in particular on days when fees need to be collected.
What do I need to bring to tryouts?
- Be prepared to pay the $20 tryout fee at the first tryout you attend! (cash or debit/credit card acceptable – no cheques will be accepted)
- All players must bring their own baseball glove and comfortable shoes. No metal cleats are allowed. Wear baseball pants comfortable enough for sliding.
- All players must wear their jerseys from last year – this will help coaches with the identification of players.
Where are the tryouts located?
- The Oshawa Fieldhouse is located in the Oshawa Civic, 99 Thornton Rd S, Oshawa, L1J 5Y1.
- The UOIT Dome is located at Durham College, at: 80 Conlin Road, Oshawa, L1G 7W1.
- The Strike Zone is located at 111 Industrial Drive, Unit #11, Whitby, L1N 5Z9.
Which tryouts should I attend?
- Please plan to attend all tryouts that correspond to your last name where appropriate.
- Connect with the coach(es) onsite if you can’t make a tryout or have already missed one tryout.
- Players wishing to Pitch or Catch for a Select team must attend the Pitching/Catching tryout. Players not wishing to Pitch or Catch need not attend this tryout session.
If you have any questions, please email Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org.